Wednesday, May 25, 2011

3 Years Ago...



We saw fireworks on our first date! I forgot about this and now it's the theme of our wedding!



Our first date at Moonlight Gardens : )



Three years ago on this date, May 25th, Billy and I went on our first date! :-) I was working at an audio visual company at the time and my coworkers were getting married on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. I had thought about asking Billy to this wedding for some time, we had been seeing each other more often and he just seemed like a fun person to go to a wedding with. We went, had a good time, went out to Lebo's for karaoke afterwards (Billy claims I forced him, I don't remember twisting his arm and making him go anywhere) and then he dropped me off and went home.


So, I can't tell this story without explaining how we got together, enjoy: Even after we went to the wedding, I didn't really have any more feelings for Billy other than friendship. Every now and then though, I would wonder what it would be like if we started dating. I pushed those thoughts aside when I heard through the grapevine that Billy had intentions of only being my friend. I was fine with this and even though he invited me along on a trip to Gatlinburg with his group of friends (I knew them all but was only close to Karianne at the time) I knew we were just friends. I still felt feelings of friendship after the trip, even though we learned a lot about each other on the 5 hour drive there and back and survived a car crash together. I felt we bonded in a way and I was happy we were becoming better friends.


One night in June, about a month after our first date, something happened. Billy was in town and on the east side of town (shocking I know, how dare a west sider travel to the east side) seeing a friend play her music at a coffee shop not far from my house. He sent me a text message after the performance was over and told me he was on my said of town. I said I'd drive up to see him, but he suggested just stopping by before heading home. We sat on the front porch for about 2 hours just talking about everything. Somewhere in that time I realized I had feelings for Billy and I just knew he was the one for me. Billy left the next day for a vacation with his parents and I took him to another wedding after he got back. The rest is history. I started going up to Columbus to visit him and he would come see me when he would come down to Cincinnati and our relationship grew from there.


Now, we're 3 years past that point and 38 days away from our wedding day. My life is complete with Billy in it. I know he is the one I was meant to be with and I can't wait to call him my husband. I love you, Billy!

3 comments:

  1. The correct story about the karaoke goes like this:
    Kelly invites me to a wedding, but expects me to drive (which is totally fine, because I like driving and it seems like the gentleman-thing to do anyway... but I've been the driver for everything ever since). The wedding is nice, we have a great time although we didn't dance at all. I find that odd, because she is clearly trying to date me... that whole friendship thing is a bunch of crap. :)

    Afterwards, being on the east side... and Kelly not saying ANYTHING, I begin to drive her home since I don't know where else to go. She says "jeez, you're not even gonna take me OUT afterwards?!?" to which I reply "this is your date, I'm just the driver. Besides, the only place I know around here is Lebo's because of their karaoke." So we go to Lebo's, which oddly enough is just us and a bunch of butch lesbos. The lesbos sing Lisa Loeb and Kelly and I have our first dance right there.

    If that's not a perfect love story, I don't know what is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo on you! This post was all nice and about you and how much you mean to me. Thank you for putting a damper on it all by telling a story that is completely one sided. : / I was just talking from the heart and telling my story.

    ReplyDelete