Thursday, August 26, 2010

First Reception Hall and Maid of Honor

Billy, my mom, my dad and I went and looked at Receptions Eastgate today. It's funny because Billy and I went to a wedding reception here one week to the day before we got engaged and I thought that it would be a nice place for a reception. I didn't realize I'd be back so soon looking for our own wedding! I was impressed when we were at the reception we went to and it was nice to sit and talk with someone about all of the details for our reception. This Receptions has two rooms, the Anderson room and the Union room. We were in the Anderson room at the wedding recently and Billy and I (and I think ever my parents) liked the Union room a little better when we were there. We like the way it is set up. We still have a few places we want to look, but Receptions is definitely high on our list!


After looking at Receptions, we went and met Kate down at the Xavier soccer field where our friend Hadj (also Kate's boyfriend) was playing in an exhibiton game for the Xavier men's soccer team. A little background on Kate: I've known her since she was born. We've been best friends ever since. She is my partner in crime. We've been going to the Jimmy Buffett concert in Cincinnati for 22 years in a row now (if you do the Math, that means I started going when I was 5 and she was 2, yes we are parrotheads!). She has been there for me through everything and I am so lucky to have a friend like her in my life. The reason I'm telling you this is because I gave Kate a card tonight asking her to be my Maid of Honor! I also found out tonight that she has never been in a wedding, so I'm happy her first wedding she gets to have a very important job! I'm so excited to have another very important person in my life stand up with me on such a special day! Love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment