Monday, August 23, 2010

Let the Planning Begin!

For those of you that may not know, I am a 3rd grade teacher at Corryville Catholic. Billy proposed the weekend before school started and I was very excited to share the news with my coworkers this morning. School doesn't start until tomorrow, but we always have a meeting the day before to discuss our summers and get back into a school mindset. We always have to share something special that happened over the summer and you are encouraged to bring someting to show from this special event. My goal was to wait until this point to share my big news with everyone, it would be a nice surprise for some who have known about Billy and me from the beginning. I wasn't very successful though, people saw my ring and news travels fast in our small community. I was able to surprise a few people still. I enjoyed sharing the story of the engagement and seeing everyone's reactions. There are now 3 of us at Corryville that are engaged. Kelly, the Kindergarten teacher, Amy, the First grade teacher and myself. I'm so excited to share this time with them and our friend Lindsey, the Preschool teacher, she got married this summer and is very helpful with all of the planning!




While I was at school, my mom was helping out so much by calling churches and reception halls to see what was available. Thanks mom! Billy and I have 2 dates we're choosing between, July 2nd and July 9th. I prefer the 2nd because it's a holiday weekend and makes traveling a little less stressful for people out of town, at least I think so. My parish, Guardian Angels, we found out has an event going on July 2nd and will not be having weddings that day. So, Billy and I are going to have to discuss which date we really want because if we want the 2nd, we'll have to find a different church. We started setting up appointments at different reception halls. We are going to look at Receptions Eastgate on Thursday evening and A Touch of Elegance on Sunday morning. This is so exciting and overwhelming all at the same time. I know I'll feel much better after we have a church and a hall booked.

No comments:

Post a Comment