Sunday, August 29, 2010

The date, the church and Second Reception hall

Well, after some discussing over the past few days, I think Billy and I decided that we want July 2, 2011 to be our date. It's funny, most people have more problems finding the reception hall than the church, we are having the opposite problem. The parish where I grew up and went to school for 9 years, can't have weddings on July 2nd. We've talked about other churches like St. Xavier downtown, the Cathederal downtown and the church on the top of Mt. Adams that I'm having trouble remebering the name of right now. All of these churches are just too expensive for my liking, yes they are very beautiful, just out of our price range. We really like St. Rose Church on Riverside Dr., but you have to be a parishoner to get married there. So, this morning we decided to go to church there and sign up. We have no idea if the date is even available, but we like the church reagrdless and plan to go there every Sunday whether we can get married there or not. I had gone to the church as a kid with my family and hadn't been back for quite some time until my friend Lindsey (we actually went to grade school together too), from Corryville, got married there this past summer. Billy really liked it and commented on it while we were there for the wedding. So, hopefully we can follow in Lindsey and Ryan's footsteps and have our summer wedding there next summer! We enjoyed church here this morning and look forward to many more Sunday mornings at St. Rose! We filled out the paper and are hoping to receive a letter later in the week letting us know we are parishoners!



After church, we stopped at Bruegger's Bagels for a quick breakfast and then met my mom at the 2nd reception hall we planned to look at, A Touch of Elegance. My cousin Melissa had her reception here almost 6 years ago and I really enjoyed it when I was there for her reception. I'm just worried the number of people we plan to invite would be a little too crowded. The man who showed us around was very nice and the hall has many nice qualities about it. It is kind of broken up into different rooms in a way and I'm not sure how I feel about that. We plan to look at one more place this coming week so we'll have to weigh all of our options when we have them. I really hope to have a hall and church booked by the end of this week. We will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment