Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Dress!

Over the weekend, my mom and I decided we should go dress shopping today and I have been excited ever since! I just wanted to get the school day overwith so we could drive up to the Bridal district in Reading and start looking. We went to a shop called Cincinnati Bride. As soon as I walked in I saw a gorgeous dress on a mannequin and made a comment to my mom about how pretty it was. We were meeting with Sally (a family friend recommended her) and she began asking the questions to which I knew I wasn't going to have answers. I had no idea what kind of dress I wanted. I had seen plenty that I thought ver very pretty, but didn't know how they'd look on me. I let her know about the dress I saw when I walked in and she took it off the mannequin. She told me if I had that reaction, I had to try it on. I picked about 7 or 8 other dresses and we and headed back to the dressing room. The first dress I tried on was the one I saw when I walked in the store. As soon as it was on me, I knew it was going to be hard to find a better dress for me. I just pictured myself on my wedding day in that dress. I tried on all the other dresses I had picked out, but none of them gave me the same reaction as the first dress did. I didn't think it was possible to find a dress this easily. As soon as I made the final decision, I had my headpiece and veil on as well and we were able to take pictures. I know Sally thought I made the right decision and I hope my mom felt the same way too. It was such a fun experience to share with my mom and a day I'll remember forever! Sally was a huge help and wonderful to work with! I can't wait to go back and pick out the bridesmaid dresses! As you can I imagine, I will not be posting any pictures from this experience for many reasons. I hope to surprise many of you on my wedding day!



Also, we received out letters from St. Rose letting us know we are officially parishoners! I'll be calling tomorrow and hoping our date is available!

1 comment: