Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Some Things are Meant to Be...

I've been struggling with how many girls I want as bridesmaids. I had a friend I wanted to ask, but didn't know how she'd feel about it. My friend from Corryville, Amy (who got engaged 2 days before me), and I became fast friends last year when she became the 1st grade teacher. we saw each other through a lot last year and I found by the end of the school year she had become one of my closest friends! We hung out a lot over the summer, mostly sitting by the pool and our topic of discussion was almost always wedding/engagement related. We also hung out a few times with Billy and Shawn and it was nice to see they could get along too! I always knew she planned to have a small bridal party and mine was going to be a little bit bigger. I was really wanting to ask her and Billy even suggested asking her to be a bridesmaid. I just had to find a good time to talk to her.


Today was the first day back after the long weekend. I stopped by Amy's room in the morning for our morning chat. : ) She had a lot going on over the weekend and was filling me in on all the details. For her sake, I'm not going to divulge the information, but she surprised me when she asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding! I was so excited and honored and proceeded to ask her to be one of my bridesmaids, it worked out perfectly! Our weddings are 2 weeks apart, it's going to be a little hectic but so much fun! We knew the year was going to be fun always talking about wedding plans, but now it's extra special because we're part of each others big day! I can't wait to be your bridesmaid Amy and I'm so happy you are going to be a bridesmaid for me! You're a wonderful friend and I admire you so much as a person! Thank you for everything!




It was such a happy day at school. I had been wanting to get over to my cousin's house because I wanted to ask her in person to be a bridesmaid. I realized me schedule was not going to let that happen for some time, so I decided I needed to call her. I started the conversation like I was just calling to catch up. Then, I told her I had been trying to go and see her but it just wasn't working out. I also told her there was something important I wanted to ask her. So I asked and she seemed happy and said yes. I was so happy! I had talked to all of my bridesmaids and they all agreed to be a part of the special day! Melissa, I'm so glad we've gotten closer over the years. I love hanging out with you! Thank you for all you've done for me and thank you for agreeing to be my bridesmaid! Love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment