Saturday, August 21, 2010

We're Engaged!!!

Today has quickly become the best day of my life!

I thought it was just another date night for Billy and me. We had been talking about going to the top of Carew Tower in downtown Cincinnati all summer and we finally picked today as the day to go. The weather wasn't cooperating at first, but luckily it cleared up about an hour before we planned to leave. We decided to go to dinner downtown afterwards at the Brazilian restaurant, Boi Na Braza. We decide to dress up for date night occasionally so when Billy suggested it, I wasn't phased by it at all.

Billy had a plan all along. When we got to the top of the tower, we just walked around for a bit looking at the different sites. I had never been up there before, so it was neat to see all the different views of Cincinnati. Eventually, we were overlooking Kentucky and Billy was pretending to take pictures, but he was really setting up the video setting to capture everything. In his own unqiue, sweet way, Billy got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I was completely surprised, but said yes while crying. It was a very happy moment! We continued to take pictures and just enjoy our time together for some time at the top of the tower. The next picture is a re-enactment of the moment in the same spot.

We headed to Fountain Square to take a few more pictures and I called my parents before we went to have dinner. Boi Na Braza was phenomenal and a great way to celebrate! After dinner, we called Billy's parents and sisters to share the good news, we also called Karianne and Sean!

Finally, we ended the night with a small celebration at Tostados! Zach, Tony, Maggie, my friend from Corryville, Amy and Shawn (these two got engaged two days before us, it was an exciting couple of days for us!) joined us for an evening of karaoke, drinks and a little dancing! Thank you all for joining us!

A shot of the beautiful ring Billy designed for me!


What a day! I'm so excited for what's to come! I can't wait to marry my best friend!

1 comment: